PLEHTA : Animal Experimentation and High Technology Platform
Plateformes Lilloises en Biologie & Santé – PLBS – UMS 2014 – US 41
The Animal Experimentation and High Technology Platform (PLEHTA) is specialized in hosting and establishing rodent animal models under highly controlled containment conditions. The platform includes multiple animal facilities (SPF, SOPF, biosafety levels 2 and 3), allowing maximum flexibility for the wide variety of demands by research groups from different disciplines including infections, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases, metabolism, oncology, pharmacology and toxicology.
The platform runs in line with the latest legislation and animal welfare, and provides :
– Accommodation of rodents in controlled health status according to bio-exclusion and bio-containment measures (biological confinement).
– Accommodation of rodents in chemical confinement (CMR hazards).
– Accredited and GLP compliant laboratory dedicated to in vivo toxicological studies.
Furthermore, PLEHTA offers access to the state-of-the-art technologies, including bioluminescence / fluorescence and intra-vital imaging, and plethysmography under containment.
PLEHTA has developed a “high technology animal” (HTA) platform whose main activities include rederivations of mouse strains via embryo transfer and/or in vitro fertilization (IVF), and archiving of different transgenic mouse lines via embryo, sperm and ovaries cryopreservation.
PLEHTA is part of the Mixed Unit de Services PLBS -UMS 2014 – US 41 (https://ums-plbs.univ-lille.fr/), and is a member of several national networks (CELPHEDIA, OPAL, AFSTAL).
- Rehabilitation of the new PLEHTA. Delivery of the new structure in September 2021.
- Start of the quality process in view of being ISO9001 certified.
Administrative and operational director
HTA manager of Isotechnics animal facilities
Head of SPF and SOPF animal facilities
Head of A2 and A3 animals facilities
Animal ; Confinement ; Health status ; 3R
Head of the platform
03 20 87 79 08